Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Shining -- Part 3



Ahh Obsession,

How it is when you're a kid and all you can think about are your favorite movies over and over again. (No I don't talk about "Aliens" or the "Terminator" like that. I don't!).

So here we took the Shining to a whole NEW LEVEL! Yep...Jack chasing his "wife" and son (who for some reason we call "Sammy" and not "danny"). Yep, chasing. Chasing, and more chasing. The beautiful POV shots, the ghosts, random reincarnation. This one has it all. Including breathtaking reviews from some real movie critics!

Jason Distel is in this one. A fun addition. As is the crew of David, Tom, Borden and Me. (sometime soon, I promise, we'll be onto a different location...well, maybe not). Jason's actually better at improv than the rest of us were. That's for sure.

Now you might ask yourself: Guys, how many times did you watch the Shining back then? And I'll tell you, only once for me. And it was in two parts. We were watching in the game room at my old house and had to stop halfway through to take Lolly home for her curfew (but that begs the point, could we drive? And this was 9th grade, so definitely not. Oh shit...maybe we watched it more times than I remember! Ahhh! Obsession! Obsession!)

As any of you who have seen The Shining know (especially as a kid) that movie is scary as hell. Those damn kids. Jack Torrance. Overlook hotel. I had nightmares.

"come play with us, forever, and ever".

I'm sure you'll have nightmares after watching this one...you can count on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment