Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Neurobashing



NEUROBASHING

Here we go!

It's time for "Neurobashing". Brilliantly named after the main song we used in it. (Hey, you gotta start somewhere). This isn't actually our "first" movie, but it's the first one that didn't just desentegrate partway through into us running around the house yelling "danny, no!" as if we're in the Shining. (Those may show up later, we'll see).

My friends Tom Milian, Dave Warner & I had gone to my girlfriend's house one Sunday afternoon with Tom's video camera in tow. (For whatever reason I didn't have a video camera growing up. Which is either a bad thing, thinking of all the sure to be masterpieces I could have made, or a good thing, thinking of all the sure to be masterpieces I could have made). Anyway, on the way home we started shooting this video about being late for school. It was all edited in camera, and was about 2 minutes long.

Well, we liked it so much, we thought we should do a movie from waking up and racing off to school. We shot in order (no editing machines for this), and came up with skits along the way for it. We then used Tom's audio dub VCR (anyone remember those things?), and added music and very high tech sound effects.

You can see here why perhaps I chose to be behind the camera rather than in front, then again, my hair is pretty incredible.

Enjoy

craigo

3 comments:

  1. Your hair is a true a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's all I can say.

    -Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. you clearly had a better camera than I did. and sound editing! good lord, i would've killed my uncle for any kind of editing capabilities.

    the hair is incredible.

    ReplyDelete