Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

DARK NIGHT

DARK NIGHT



Like a good star trek episode, this one is about time travel. Okay, it's not, I realized after I started the blog that Neurobashing was NOT the first of the CraigoCloassics that I had in my possession. I had in fact a whole slew of videos from...drums please...9th Grade!

Yep, the time when I had the most incredible fricking hair ever. You thought Neurobashing was good hair, wait til you get this. And wow, the glasses were cool. The other guys just look really really young.

This is the first of the videos we did with David, Chris, Tom and myself at Tom's house. (You'll get to recognize the location in upcoming thrillers). We experimented with some amazing special effects, and had our typical "too much exposition" issue before we got to the true "horror" of the piece. It even includes an amazing David Lynchian shot of a fan.

With a lot of these early films it's hard to claim that I was the sole "director" or creator of the piece, because I'm really not. It was a collaboration of all of us wanting to make movies the way that kids do when they've got time on their hands. And the joy of making these was incredible. Sure they all suck, but it's wonderful to get creative with friends and just screw around.

Now from the plot of this, and others, you might think we watched "Alien" & "Aliens" a few times...and you would be right. In fact a lot of our early films will have very familiar plots. I think I'm still trying to make movies that good. Ridley Scott, James Cameron...watch your backs dudes.

PS: The Enterprise model is the same one J.J. Abrams has on his desk in the "Star Trek" extra features. So maybe that's a sign...maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment