Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Bloody Good Photo Shoot

So tonight we did a photo shoot for
"Straight On Till Morning". We were
shooting the poster for a movie that hasn't been made yet. The goal is to make a captivating image that we can use to drum up excitement as well as get investors interested by using it as part of the website and business kit. Hopefully the image will turn out great enough to use as the actual poster so it will become a very familiar "branding" for the film.

We shot at good old Feet First, home of many (many!) of the www.TrespassingOnTheLot.com shorts. Natalie Young was the fantastic photographer. I highly recommend her for professional images of all sorts. She's super cool and has a great eye and I can't wait to see the images. Katie Chandler and Alysha Marcoantonio did the bloody good blood. I'd never worked with them, but they came highly recommended from the Blood Queen herself. So we took a chance and they were great. And for our models we had the ever awesome Laurel Marlantes and Scott Tompkins. One to loom, the other to be beautifully bathed in blood. (Okay, we didn't get to crazy, there is romance in the movie too).

It was a new experience for me. Even though I've taken photos since I was like 9 years old, and I did professional headshots for a couple years, I've never actually done a shoot like this. Where it was all designed and planned out. It took 5 hours from set up to tear down, but I thought it was really fun. Everyone seemed in a good mood and up for the creativity.

So will it work? Will it be the image that helps drum up excitement for "Straight On Till Morning"?

We shall see -- But I feel pretty excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment