Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Adopting A Child

So yesterday Neal (writer of "Straight On Till Morning") and I met and chatted about making this sucker. He and I get along well, and both are very passionate about the project.

During the meeting Neal said to me that it was time for me to take over the film. He's been writing it, and working on it for quite some time. Both of us have been tweaking and rewriting for the last 9 months, and the baby has been born. But like any good writer, it's time to hand the baby over to the director. So I've officially adopted the child. Yikes. Being a parent is scary, and exciting.

The joke Neal said was "Eventually a writer has to let the Director adopt the baby...so they can rape the writers child." Because a lot of times Producers and Directors will then go off into left field and lose track of what the movie was to begin with. I hope not to do that. My goal is to make the best horror movie I possibly can, and to keep Neal involved as writer and sounding board. I don't pretend to know everything there is to know about SOTM, and am always a big fan of having smart, creative, passionate people around to help things be the best they can be.

So now I've officially got a baby...

It sure is cute, all covered in blood and fear (and love too).

No comments:

Post a Comment