Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Filmmaking and Blogging are like Honey and Cherries.

So team, welcome to the first entry in my filmmaking blog. I thought about calling it "Craig Ouellette's Sing-A-Long Filmmaking Blog" in honor of that other popular blog we've all seen, but figured, even though I like to sing karaoke, we'll save that for the mic someplace.

What's it like being an independent filmmaker in Hollywood?

I can only answer that question by telling you about what I do and what I'm working on with friends and co-workers. I'm lucky enough to know a bunch of very good actors and actresses, make-up folks, composers, stunt people and other filmmakers, and we try to turn out movies on a regular basis. Sometimes for contests, sometimes just for the hell of it. After all, if you want to be a filmmaker, I say "make movies". Don't talk about it, don't sell how good you are at it. Just do it. Make movies and let your movies speak for themselves (sometimes in ways you never expect).

Hopefully this will all be insightful and amusing, that's my goal anyway. So let me know how I'm doing and please watch the films we've done or talk about here and let me know how we're doing there. You can see a bunch of them at www.trespassingonthelot.com, directed by my buddy Brendon Fong and myself.

As for now, its' 3:08am and I need to get to bed so I can get up and write my webseries/feature script for "When Zombies Attack!".

Talk soon
Craigo

No comments:

Post a Comment