Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Here's Where The Story Ends



...But in fact here is where it begins. For this is the moment when I realized that I wanted to make movies in my life. It was this video done for class, edited on reel to reel VHS tape and using a video/fx box, cutting shot to shot and watching the magic actually come to life that I thought "This is so amazing. People get paid to do this? Awesome."

And here I am, many years later, making movies, telling stories and living a great life following my dreams.

Now, this movie ain't perfect. It's really funny to watch it now and realize how POORLY it's edited, when that was the thing that I was so excited about. I mean, really, how much time does the guy need to get up before he charges? Is that like a minute? Dude, what are you waiting for, just go after him and attack!

We got a 98 on this project. And once again, it's a Craigoclassic, that I wasn't often holding the camera on. But I was the main person doing the editing, so I'm finally making my mark. Cole Haney (sp?) was the tough looking guy, I still remember his name. And our main hero, Trevor Lissauer (who's probably going to wonder what the heck I'm posting this thing for) has actually been a working actor out here in LA since High School. We were so excited when he got "The Skateboard Kid". I still mention occasionally, and my Mom brought it up to, how great Trevor was in our high school production of "A Chorus Line" back in the day. ("I can do that!").

Anyway, we got a 98, not a 100, supposedly because the editing was a little slow. Really? Hadn't noticed.

Moving on... the book in there "When Knights Were Bold" wasn't from the library. It was ours. And that's my high school girlfriend Stacey Inman playing the princess in the woods. (Not the princess in the library, you might have noticed a slight difference in looks there).

This video has always had a soft spot in my heart. That Sundae's song is sweet, the story is nice (though why he always imagines himself failing is a choice we made for a reason I don't remember anymore.) It brings back some great memories of high school and friends, when the future was endless with potential. And honestly it still is. It really truly still is...

No comments:

Post a Comment